Important dates on 20th century
After the Mill's destruction four out of the nine sons of Mr Themistocles Loulis, the brothers Christos, Konstantinos, Nikos and Giorgos Loulis decided to settle in Volos.
In 1914 they purchased a share in the I. Xydis - N. Hadginikou Mill.
The mill passed into the full ownership of the Themistocles Loulis brothers and developed into the largest Mill of its time in the Thessaly region.
A fire destroyed the Loulis Mill. A few months later they began to build a new mill at the same location.
The foundations were laid at Agiou Georgiou bay in Keratsini Piraeus, which was then the largest mill in the Greek State boasting the latest technology of the time. The major shareholders were the Symeonoglou, Voudouroglou and Karaiosifoglou families and the Corporate Name was AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS. The mill was completed in 1929 and was described as a grand project of its time. In a very short period of time the AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS became the leaders of the Greek Flour Industry.
The then competitors AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. and KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. were listed on the Athens Stock Exchange in the same year with the serial numbers of 27 and 28 respectively.
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. established the first semolina mill in Greece, which pioneered the pasta production field.
Mr Nikolaos K. Loulis assumed the company's management.
AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. Company purchased automatic packaging machines and began selling flour in small packages - one kilo and half kilo packages - which were distributed to the general stores and Super Markets of the time. The AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS brand is the only flour at the time that is available in a packaged form.
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. branch in Attica commenced operations. Mr Nikolaos K. Loulis took the first steps to relocate the Mill with the purchase of a property in the Volos Industrial Region.
Mr Nikolaos K. Loulis passed away. His wife, Mrs Evi N. Loulis became the company's Chairman and his son Konstantinos the General Manager.
Construction commenced on the new KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. mill in the Volos Industrial Region, which commenced production in late 1978 using the latest technology of its time.
The total milling output by KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. placed the company into 2nd position in the Greek Flour Industry from the 12th position that it held in 1978.
Mr Konstantinos N. Loulis took the first steps in relocating the Mill from the Volos Industrial Region with the purchase of a 100,000 m2 beach site at Pagasitikos Bay (Sourpi Bay).
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. established the Macedonia branch, which was based at Kalohori in Thessaloniki.
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. purchased the Simitzis Mill in Kavala and proceeded with a radical renovation of the buildings and the plant engineering.
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. Company, after purchasing Simitzis Mill in Kavala, proceeded with a radical renovation of the buildings and the plant engineering and put it into service.
Following continuous investments, AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. completed the modernisation of its facilities by reaching a total milling capacity of 800 tonnes per 24 hours.
AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. Company proceeded to the expansion of its activities into the developing Balkan nations by purchasing the majority share of the TITAN plant in Bucharest and MOPAN in Transylvania in Romania, which were the 2 largest factories producing flour and bakery products in Romania.
After 7.5 years of amassing the necessary certificates and permits, KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. finally received permission to commence with the construction of the new harbour side mill at Pagasitikos Bay.
KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. took over 52 % of the shares in the AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A Company via the Athens Stock Exchange.
A distribution and bakery products centre was opened at Tirana in Albania.